Friday, August 6, 2010

Keeping Busy

"Just because you're single doesn't mean you aren't good enough for anyone, it means no one is good enough for you"

I like that. It's a feel good type quote, even if it's not always true.

So one of my friends got engaged; she announced it yesterday. I'm super happy for her, I really am. Just gets me thinking, dang, this will be her second marriage and I'm still completely single. wth? :) Really though, she deserves this, the chance to be happy with someone you love. It's great.

My younger sister keeps talking about getting married. Her boyfriend finishes a special computer class soon and then could (or is) get/getting a pretty kick ass job that means big bucks. If/when this happens I know he's going to pop the question. And of course, I'll be super excited for her, but still feel bitter.

You know, this is seriously the longest I've ever been single since I started dating at 16. I always went from one boyfriend to another. Even at other times when I was officially single for a while, still had the guys there that were like boyfriends without the title. Now I don't even have that. I mean, I could, I'm just choosing not to. Trying that whole self-respect thing.

I'm sure when school starts up again I'll be so busy that I won't be able to think about any of it, so I can't wait. In addition to school I'm trying other things to keep me busy. Lo and I have been walking a lot, traveling to visit family, going to parks. We have the 2-year passports to Sea World, and we're going up in a couple weeks with my uncle and cousin and I'm going to try the shark encounter. Tomorrow we're going to the Keys, gonna go on a glass bottom boat, hang out by the water, have a picnic. Not just me and Lo, but my parents, younger sister and her daughter. Should be fun. Sunday Lo is going to be able to help me with my bake-a-thon. Just in the mood to get in the kitchen and bake, even though I'm not big on sweets. Next weekend we head up to my older sister's house and we're going to do kinda a "wreck the dress" photo shoot at the beach with Lo's flower girl dress. Gotta get some use out of it before it stops fitting her.

Really do have a lot planned to keep my mind busy, so throughout the day I'm good. It's at night, when it's just me lying in bed alone, that really sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment