Monday, October 12, 2009

Finger's Crossed!

I am really unhappy with my job. It's boring desk work and I don't feel that I am being paid what I'm worth. I have 3 years experience, my 2-20, CRIS and AAI designations, I should be making a hell of a lot more. Knowing how unhappy I am, my mom casually mentioned to one of our old agents that I'm miserable, he in turn informed her that their company is looking for an account manager and that I'd be perfect.

I had lunch with the owner of that agency about a month ago. I told him how much money I'd like and he didn't freak out and say it was impossible - I figured that was a good sign. I was told that they were in the process of getting a new producer/book of business, and that would determine when I would be able to start, and how much they could give me. He said I'd hear from him within 2 weeks.

Well, 3 weeks later I still hadn't heard from him. I was slightly upset, because from our meeting I was excited about the idea of working for that company. It's a lot smaller than the one I'm currently working for (200 people vs. 10 people), but I'd be able to write my own business and it'd be easier to move up to an agent's position. I sent him an email following up on our meeting, and seeing if he had gotten word from the potential new producer. Luckily he replied shortly after, stating that he was still interested in me, but hasn't gotten a commitment from the new agent. I was promised that he'd contact me this week to let me know what's going on.

I'm seriously so excited about the idea of going to work for this company. I've had it with the agency I work for. Granted, I've been here three years so I have made many friendships and I do have a loyalty to them, but loyalty don't pay the bills. I want to be able to start saving up and move out on my own. Finger's crossed that I get the email and the new job. Yes, I'm fairly certain I'll cry while giving my two weeks notice, but I need to do what's best for my daughter and myself, and this is for the best.

6 comments:

  1. I'm crossing my fingers for you, too, honey.

    And boy your blog is pink...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed for you honey.

    I like the new blog look. It's bright and shiney.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink is better than black! Easier to read.

    Good luck with the job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck sweetie. You'll be an asset wherever you end up.

    Btw, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your pink blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just noticed you have comment approval turned on. Have you been getting nasty comments?

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, but you can never be too careful. I just kinda like being in control.

    ReplyDelete