Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Maybe it is all about the game...

Looks like things aren't going to work out with the firefighter, unless I want to wait a year for him to get his divorce finalized and to finish medic school. As much as I would love to say, hell yeah, I'll wait, I know myself and it ain't happening. We'll still be friends, but he said he feels like a jerk because he can't devote enough time to me and not being able to see me is killing him. I know, I've heard it from some others that it's just a line, but I'd like to believe it's true. Call me immature or naive if you will, but it just makes me feel better.

Something odd is going on with C. He started ignoring me, so I called him out on it via text and he claimed it's because I was in love with someone else. Um... not really, but ok. Then he asked me to call him, which he never did, even when we were dating. Ok, phone call went well, we bs'd back & forth, it was all good. I got on his case for not letting me see his new car yet (2010 Chevy Camaro - Transformers Edition), so he said I should come by after class, don't call, he'll leave the door unlocked and I can just climb into bed with him. I'm like whatever, and got off the phone. Then I thought for a moment and realized; I'm not a booty call, not any more. So I sent him a text: "changed my mind, lock your door before going to bed." He couldn't believe I didn't show - no, I'm not guessing, he texted me the next day that he couldn't believe it. So then he went off to Georgia for his hunting trip.

Monday - He's back in town, comes to the office, by my desk to say hi. Asks me how things are with the firefighter, I say nothing's happening, so he invited me to lunch with his mom. Oh, I guess I should mention that he greeted me with a boob grab, which is usual for him, a hug, & a kiss, although neither one of us could quite figure out why we kissed. Force of habit I suppose. We walk over to his mom's office (she's the owner of the company btw), and he tells her I'll be joining them for lunch, she thinks it's great, and then he tells her about how I just got dumped. Wow, thanks darlin'! So then I started raggin on him about how obviously the guy couldn't like up to past boyfriends (per C's previous fb post), and maybe C should interview the guys to make sure they're worthy first. Even his mom got in on it and started raggin on him. Went to lunch, it was all good.

Tuesday - Off of work, went to the eye doctor, finally getting rid of the glasses and getting contacts. I was kinda bummed because they have to special order my trial pair since my eyes are special. Gave blood and found out that the blood bank I go to donates their blood to the pediatric unit. Yay me, saving kid's lives. :) So, dialated eyes, kinda dizzy because I couldn't see, kinda lightheaded from giving blood. Yeah, I was doing great. Went home, caught up on my soaps (don't judge me). Then C called. He just wanted to let me know that I never really liked the ff, I was just projecting all of my wants onto him because he was interested. He also wanted to assure me that the ff was not interested, but he had no ulterior motives, just looking out for my best interests. I just laughed, asked if that was all, and hung up.

Wednesday - Checked my fb account when I got to work, as I always do (on my phone, not on the computer), and saw that C had commented on my post "I have the worst luck with guys". He said, "nothing like an innocuous 'i hate men' comment to illicit an avalanche of sympathizing comments". I never said I hated men, just that I was jaded. I just commented back asking where the note for the newest casualty was, that he was slacking.

We went from 0 contact to him contacting me in some way everyday for the past 3 days. He didn't contact me that much when we were dating. Is it true? Is it because I'm finally learning to play the game? Don't show interest in the guy and suddenly he'll want you? It's all very interesting to me.

So about the FF, yeah, it sucks that things didn't work out, but in hindsight, it's for the best. He's a nice guy, very good looking, and very fun to be around.... but at the end of the day, if I can't sit back and have an intellectual conversation with you, if we can't cuddle in bed watching jeopardy together, it's just not gonna work. Plus, the fact that he still called her his wife, and he's still hating on her new guy proves that he's just not ready to be with anyone else. I'm not a rebound chick. Everything happens for a reason. :)

3 comments:

  1. I AM sorry it didn't work with the FF, honey. And you're right, if he still has strong feelings about this wife's new beau (and they're still technically married!) you don't need to get involved.

    There are many many available guys (emotionally AND legally) out there. And you've got plenty of time to find the right one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. His friend said that he was telling the truth, he is interested and really is busy, but the thing is, I can handle it if you're not legally divorced - it's expensive and time consuming, but at least be mentally divorced. That's a huge red flag when even his friends were correcting him that he shouldn't be all "my wife this" in front of me. Well, you live and you learn. I'm alright though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry honey. :( I know you really liked him. Maybe this was to show you that there are some nice normal guys out there....because you are right, everything does happen for a reason.

    ReplyDelete