Friday, November 13, 2009

People Are Cowards

Yup, I finally figured it out. People are cowards. It's odd how their cowardess is shown though. For example; someone might not have a problem running into a burning building to save a stranger’s life, yet they're too scared to tell the girl they were supposedly interested in that they're not interested anymore, and instead will string them along. Cowards.

Then there are those people that are too afraid to speak their mind because they're worried about how others will perceive them. They want to be liked, feel accepted. They will go along with the "gang mentality", if you will. It's a heuristical error. Instead of making decisions on their own, and possibly being wrong, people will agree with what others say because then the whole group would be wrong and the blame can be passed around. It’s easier than being the one “wrong” person. I'm not like that. I'm finding that I'm becoming more of a risk taker. I say what I feel and if you don't like it, well sucks for you. I'm not in high school anymore. I'm not into cliques; never have been. People want to say that I'm not being a good friend because I thought something was funny, well then they just don't know me at all. I challenge you to find one person that I know IRL to tell you that I'm a bad friend. It’s just not going to happen. I am one of the most loyal people you will ever meet. Will I call you out on your shit? Hell yes. Why? Because that’s what friends, true friends, do. They don’t blow smoke up your ass and tell you everything is all peaches when it’s not.

Well, let's look at this for a second. What makes a person a good or bad friend? It's all subjective, I know, but in my opinion, a good friend is not someone who will always agree with you and always take your side. I know, doesn't make much sense to most people, but if I'm wrong, I don't want someone to back me up insisting that I must be right. How in the world is that supposed to help me? It’s like, “hey, I know you’ve been talking shit about someone, but I’ll still back you up even though I think you’re wrong.” No, a good friend will call me out and let me know when I'm wrong. They will let me know when I’ve crossed the line. They will be honest. A true friend will tell me when I'm being an idiot. A true friend is not a "yes man". Also, a true friend is not going to ignore one friend's indiscretions and yet punish another for something much more minor. That's not a friend, that's someone who's looking for a fight. You wanna sit here and call me out because I laughed at something, fine, then you better be calling out all the other people that, instead of just laughing at a comment, actually wrote scathing reviews about the person you were defending. Oh, but people can look past that, right? It’s ok, she’s a friend, she can say that. Laugh about someone’s comment who is our enemy – oh, hell no. You’re done. Yeah. Loyal my ass.

At the end of the day, it comes down to this: I will laugh at whatever the fuck I want to laugh at. I will agree with whatever the fuck I want to agree with. I will disagree with whatever the fuck I want to disagree with. Sensing a pattern here? I am my own person, with my own thoughts and opinions, and if you don’t like it, if my being an individual doesn’t mesh with your view of how the world should be, then you can go suck a toad. I’m not putting up with anyone’s shit anymore. Fuck that.

10 comments:

  1. Good for you Roo!! Damn girl you definitely have "a pair". Pretty rare these days, stay strong!

    A real friend wouldn't backstab you for voicing an honest opinion. Mean girls in Jr. High behave that way. Most people grow out of that "pack mentality" by high school, sadly some never do.

    The thing about some of the topix regs is, they still have that Jr. High pack mentality.

    Don't let the dregs drag you down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure you aren't in high school anymore? B/c you sure had me fooled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you're right. I mean, in school we are trained to sign our names instead of hiding behind the anonymity of the internet.

    I own up to what I say, which is more than I can say for most people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just think it's kinda funny that they'll tell the "trolls" to skip over posts if they don't want to read them, but a certain someone feels it's his duty to complain to me that I'm somehow hijacking every thread and he's tired of reading about it. Then we have the Topix shrink that thinks I need to join codependants anon. WTF? It's so stupid. I joined just for fun, and I see that it's just like high school with all the cliques.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing as how the Regs have no problem turning on others out of no where, I find myself on "Team Ferrerman", if you will. Of course, they only have your best interests at heart while they're tearing you down. I'm so fucking done with that shit. I can only imagine what's been written about me on their "off-shore" accounts.

    ---------
    From some of your previous comments, guess you don't really seek other people's opinions when they differ from yours. Guess then those other people with differing opinions are 'stupid'. Hypocritical much?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I'm trying to see the point in reposting what I already wrote, but I just can't find it. I never denied putting that. This is what I'm talking about, a coward unable to put their name to a comment. Thanks for proving my point.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with just about everything you just said. I just don't see the point of saying it. Why play into the drama? It boggles my mind that there is so much drama on a friggin mesage board.

    But I can't tear myself away. Its as entertaining as a night time soap opera!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Took a while but I found it.
    Roo, you cant judge the entire internet by a couple of posts. People say shit, you lash out. In each volley there is a grain of truth. It's not all one side or the other, but you have to be willing to examine yourself as harshly as you do others.

    For what it's worth, I respect you. To me your still a way young person, but I dont fault you for that. Other people have said unflattering things, and it was the result of their frustration. I think they were right to feel the frustration, but I personally would not have vented it. They did though. So Yes, I think you dissed edog big time, he's cool with it, but that dont mean it was ok to do.

    Where ever your road takes you, I hope you have a safe journey.
    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Roo,

    I missed all the drama. Since I believe it all happened in an off Topix blog that someone hadn't posted a link to,I wasn't going to chase it.

    But I will say you should hold your ground on the forum.

    If you want to go, go in peace, but if you don't. Have your say on there......for those of us who are out of the loop, it's a pretty one-sided story. With just Edog defending you.

    Just remember, not everyone on there is a clique member.

    McFixer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't let the bastards (and bitches - Angela, EEE) get you down.

    ReplyDelete