Wednesday, January 12, 2011

and so begins another semester...

First off - just want to say Happy Happy Birthday to the hottest bartender and friend I know! I'm so happy I had the courage to finally send you that message, even though it was a bit weird... seriously, thank you alcohol and social networking sites! lol You've definitely made life interesting (and no worries...not getting serious. lol) :)

Ok, moving on. Last night was my first class; Biological Bases of Behavior I - aka Behavioral Neuroscience I. It's not a class that people take just for fun; it's a required course. The professor said that this class was the reason that so many people switched out of the psych major. Lucky for me, I'm totally interested in neuroscience. I am so totally stoked to learn about what causes diseases like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's... I mean, I have an idea, but I'll know better by the end of the semester. I'm just hoping that the professor is more organized next week, since she was kinda all over the place last night. I was super confused, and she wasn't even talking about the class!

Today is going to be a killer day for me. I have work from 7:30 - 3:37, then Research Methods in Psychology from 4:20 - 7:00, and Issues in Criminal Law from 7:10 - 10:00. It's not even 8:00 yet and already I'm completely exhausted. Already made my Starbucks run, so I'm currently enjoying my Grande Raspberry Vanilla Latte (it's super good, and I came up with it - feel free to try it at your local Starbucks!), and I have an Extra Strength 5 Hour Energy for later on. Fingers crossed this semester doesn't kill my heart.

Oh - I almost forgot to mention the challenge I made for myself. I'll admit that for the past few weeks I've been drinking more than normal. In my defense, that included Christmas, New Years, and my Birthday... not to mention the last big Hurrah before the semester. So, because of that, I have decided that I am not allowing myself to consume any alcohol during this semester, with one exception... St. Patrick's Day. I'm Irish, so I kinda have to have at least one drink - otherwise they'll take my Irish card away. It won't be a night of partying, probably just grab a whiskey sour after class to commemorate the day.

Guess I should get to work. The busier I am the faster the day goes by, so I better get crackin on these policies.

No comments:

Post a Comment