Thursday, January 28, 2010

Oh the pain!!!

WARNING - DON'T READ IF YOU GET GROSSED OUT EASILY

When I was a junior in high school I had an issue with my ear. I went months with this annoying pain, but it seemed to me like no one cared about it. Eventually my mom realized that I wasn't faking it and I needed to see a doctor. So I went to an EN&T Dr and found that because I used Q-tips and I'm lucky enough to procduce more ear wax than normal, I had a solid mass pressing against my ear drum. The doctor tried to clean it out, but because it was so compacted, every time he tried I ended up in such intense pain that I just broke down in tears. I never felt anything like that before in my life. So the doc told me to put a hydrogen peroxide/water in my ear, let it fizzle, then put baby oil in it, and that it should soften things up for the next week's appointment. Until then, since I really was in crazy pain, I ended up on pain killers for a week, missing school and everything. Next week, got everything handled, no problem, and I could actually hear - it was amazing.

Well, I've been fanatical about my ears ever since because I never wanted to go through that pain again. Apparently, I haven't been as good as I thought, because now the pain is back. Same ear, same crazy pain. It just got so bad a few minutes ago that I almost broke down in tears at work, I couldn't see, and the room was spinning because my equalibrium was thrown off. Looks like I get to take another trip to the EN&T doc, only this time I know what to do to prep. I just need the pain to go away, because it sucks so much right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment