Wednesday, August 19, 2009

All About The Drama!

What it be like, Homeslice??? Goodness, that was stupid. Alright, moving on...

Wow. I thought that I was away from the drama when I left high school, but it seems to follow me wherever I go. At work, even though people don't like to admit it, there are so many cliques it isn't even funny. I mean, I come to work to, well you know, work (crazy concept, I know). People get on my case because I am too quiet, that I don't socialize. Well, ya'll keep complaining about how backed up you are meanwhile I'm completely caught up on my renewals. How's that socializing goin for ya? Then there are those that enjoy venting to me. Normally I don't mind this, I mean, I was originally going to school for psychology, so a part of me enjoys being able to listen and help people, but when it's the same thing everyday it tends to be annoying. What's worse is that this one person in particular complains to me about someone talking trash about me. I try to tell her that I really could care less about what people say (I mean, if this other girl is bringing me up in every conversation then she sounds a little obsessed - I dunno, jealous much?) It almost seems like the person complaining wants me to bad mouth the other co-worker so that she can go back and say, "well Roo said this...". Ugh! Such cattiness at work!

Then, there's all the wonderful Topix drama. They're called boundaries people! Respect them!

Oh, and for the record, even though there was a time that I posted (out of pure spite and rage) that I was on "Team 'he who shall not be mentioned'", I have since learned the error of my ways and am back on the A Team, er, "Team Regs".

Oy! Now I'm getting ready to start college again and I'm worried that there will be more cliques to have to deal with. Eh, I guess it won't be too bad since I'm taking night classes. I just hope we don't have to do a lot of group projects. I prefer to work alone. I don't like having to depend on anyone, and when the teachers tell us to pick groups I feel like I'm in elementary school, being picked last for dodgeball (actually, I've always been good at sports so I was never really picked last, but you get the idea).

On a side note, my lunch just got here and they forgot my drink. It'd be one thing if it was just a dollar soda or something, but it was my Amp Energy Drink! Grrr...

Alright, I'm done. Peace out, sea trout!

11 comments:

  1. Oh boy don't I know it. There will be (prolly tonight) a post about some drama going on with me and the new guy that I was talking to. (rolls eyes) seems that one of my friends can't mind their own business.....(le sigh) How stupid are people???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! My first comment! I'm such a dork, you'll have to excuse me. :o)

    Talk about starting drama, my cousin was looking at my phone during lunch and he was on my facebook page. So he tried to change my status to, "Is thinking about "so & so" naked", but lucky for me, instead of changing my status he ended up sending that as a comment on one of my other cousin's status updates. I just added on, "that's the last time I'll let cuz use my phone!". He's trying to hard to set me up with this guy. It's funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You younguns and yer b-logs.

    Sigh.

    Hehehe.

    Good luck at school, honey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roo, you started a blog! Yay!!!! Good for you. Of course, being kinda of old I have a tough time reading it because of the black background, so forgive me if I misread something.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, all of my teachers would yell at me for it. I've been taught over and over not to to white on black, but I can't help it. I'll probably end up changing the format a bit when I get home and can play around with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roo--I don't think you need to worry so much about cliques in college, especially if you're taking night classes. I always enjoyed teaching those classes more, because the students were usually older working people who were there because they wanted to be, not because mommy and daddy were paying for it.

    That doesn't mean you won't make friends, but I don't think you'll find too many exclusive groups, unless it's a bunch of post-high school buddies who are sticking together out of fear. And then, you could come across as the older, more experienced individual.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool! Good going,Roo.

    Hey, wherever you go there is drama if you allow it. Just my opinion.

    And, ya, I'm guilty it from of time to time, I suppose. So sue me, I'm human.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. No worries about the background, I have trouble with Jay_Lee's and Angela's backgrounds too. EEE's is the only one that I don't see stars afterwards.
    ;P

    Welcome to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually just changed mine J so let me know if it's any better for you

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, now you want to be on Team Regs?

    There is no leaving the dark side roo!

    ReplyDelete