Monday, August 31, 2009

Gotta Love Technology...

I checked the Department of Correction's webpage this morning, as I do every morning, to check on the status of the psycho ex. Honestly, I'm waiting for them to update his picture so I can see his lovely mugshot - I get a feeling of gratification from seeing it. The picture wasn't posted yet, but they did provide me with some invaluable new information; his permenant - VERIFIED - address. This is good information for me to have, as I have been trying to get paperwork in order to have my daughter's name changed; she currently has his last name, and it makes me sick. Now I know where to send it. The bad news - that jackass moved in right down the street from where I work. 2.18 miles away. He's right across the street from one of my favorite lunchtime restaurants. He knows where I work, so it's not like he was completely clueless. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this. I'm not really scared, because I know he's not going to do anything (well, I sincerely hope he won't). I just don't want to have to deal with running into him or his wife (she's the one I worry about - she's insane). I must resist the urge to do anything stupid, because if I show up there, I'll be the one going to jail. I suppose I'll just bide my time, and let the justice system do what they do best - whatever that might be.

4 comments:

  1. Do you have a restraining order against her, too?

    If you feel like going over there, just come online and vent. Sometimes, Topix is like having a whole bunch of sponsors who just want the best for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he has no rights to her unless he goes through the courts to contest paternity.

    I'll be a good girl - if I go there then I'll be arrested. I have no problem venting online if need be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Jess was asking if you have a restraining order against your ex's wife, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, I was asking about the wife.

    Hope you are having so much fun with school that you don't think about this too much! :)

    ReplyDelete