Monday, August 24, 2009

Amazing Weekend!

I wasn't really able to get on a computer this weekend, so I apologize for leaving some of you in the dark with that last post. Yes, we are going to have a new baby in the family, but no it is not mine. My older sister informed us on Saturday that she is expecting a baby! It was so cute the way she let us know. My mom's birthday was Thursday, so my sister and BIL were in town to celebrate (and do the family pics). They gave my mom her gift, which was a picture frame that says "What happens at Grandma's stays at Grandma's". It held three pictures; one was of my neice, the other of my daughter, and the third a positive pregnancy test. We were all so shocked by the news! I don't know if anyone remembers that my sister was supposed to watch my kid for a weekend a fwe weeks ago, but backed out because she was really sick? Well the family was joking that she must be pregnant... turns out we were right (just no one knew it at the time).

So then we went and took our family pictures. That was quite fun. We did the entire family, then broke it down into groups. We were trying to take a picture of the three sisters and two kids, but my neice was upset that her uncle wasn't holding her hand. So, he laid on the floor and held her hand (it was a head shot so he wouldn't be in the pic), and for some reason my daughter jumped on him and started "motorboating" his nether regions. OMG!!! We were all dying laughing! We got some really great shots, and some not so great (in one of them I look like I have a mullet). Then towards the end the photographer didn't set the camera on the counter very well and it hit the ground. Oy! It messed up the filter or something, but we were still able to finish the shoot. My sister and her husband got a belly shot and all us moms got annoyed because me sis made a comment about how she's already gained weight... as she shows off her 6-pack abs.

After the pictures we had some family over for dinner. I made jambalaya and my cousin helped. Now, I don't know where she's been the past few years or what people have been telling her, but she obviously never got the memo that when I'm in the kitchen everyone else needs to be out. I'm very possessive when it comes to my cooking. But, I was nice, and the meal was great.

Oh, yeah, I also started school on Saturday. It was great. I'm so happy to be back in the saddle, so to speak, with classes. I missed it so much.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Roo!

    I LOVE how your sister and BIL informed you all! That's effing adorable!!!!

    As for the family pic... we did ours a couple weeks ago. My niece and nephew are a bit older (5 & 8) but I was still very impressed with how the photographer managed the whole session.

    Good luck with school!!! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete