Friday, August 21, 2009

Open Letter to All

This was originally going to be a comment on someone else's post, but it got kinda long and drawn out, so I decided to just put it here for all to see.

See, if everyone would just be honest (well, as honest as one can get online) then I doubt we'd have these issues. Me, I'll post under my online name. What's the worst that will happen? Someone might get offended. Well, I just call it like I see it. If someone is posting under someone elses Topix name then it's wrong. It's even more wrong to retaliate by posting under someone else's real name.

I've been on Topix for a while now, and based on what I've read I'm one of the youngest "regs" on the site. Now, there are many people that say that the youngins are immature, well from what I've seen the immaturity on Topix goes across all ages. It's sad. I mean, I absolutely hate it when people talk smack about me behind my back but are nice to my face. If you don't like me, tell me. If you think I'm annoying, let me know. I might get pissed but I have a tendancy to get over things real quickly. It's so simple! That's why I never hide who I am. I don't understand why some people can't just be like, "hey, I don't like you, you don't like me, let's agree to disagree and move on". Yes, the "regs" and "innies" are guilty of this as well, but I have yet to see them use someone's real name on the boards. That is wrong and to deny it and not own up to it truly shows a lack of maturity. To try to out another person in retaliation, that is also wrong. As pissed off as some people might get, no one wins when people start being vindictive. Ya'll know the saying, "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind". Maybe it is because I'm so young that I wish that people could just kiss and make up (figuratively speaking), but I understand that lines have been crossed and there's no going back now.

Yes, I have had my issues with some of the people on Topix in the past. Know what I did? I got the frick over it! From what I'm reading, ya'll are bitching about things that have happened months ago. How long is everyone going to hold this grudge? How far are you willing to take it? People are already using real names, what's next, using someone else's picture as their avatar? Oh, boohoo, someone took my screen name and started a fight with it - GROW THE FUCK UP! Someone beat the shit out of me and robbed me at gunpoint. People are starving and dying everyday. Who the fuck cares if someone used your screen name? Is THAT really detrimental to your life? NO!!! Using someones REAL name, however, is. Why? Because obviously people don't know how to let go of petty grudges and giving out personal information like that is dangerous.

So, all that being said, if it hadn't been for many of the people on Topix, I probably wouldn't have dealt with my drama as well as I have. The "regs" have been a great support system for me and I appreciate that. I am just tired of this drama. I'm tired of people saying they don't want to hear anymore of it, but then blogging about it, trying to get it all started up again. If ya'll want to bitch and moan then so be it, but I'm throwing in the towel with one exception; I'll get involved (well as much as I can being online) if someone puts one of my friends in danger.

Now, I'm done. Say whatever you want to say. I'll post whatever comments ya'll want to leave. Enjoy...

3 comments:

  1. Roo:

    I have never commented anonomously on anyone's blog. Well, I have when I couldn't remember how to log in but then signed it Terri. Not that it matters. I could sign as anonymous and that is my right and I really don't see where that would be offensive on the internet -- but I just never have.

    I also have never used anothers avatar nor name without telling that person after the fact. Also, it is always evident b/c of my ISP and I don't know how to change it and don't really have the desire to change it. I also never said anything mean nor derogatory when "borrowing" someone's name to another or about another. I have never outed anyone nor used anyone's real name. (Although I'll admit I was damn close b/c of circumstance and I think you understand what those were.)

    Just so you know. Some people claim fact when it's just fiction.

    But sadly I'm familiar with the type of people who claim all kinds of things. I have ex-relatives (outlaws as some people call them) who do this sort of thing on an ongoing basis. They do this sort of thing so people believe them and to create something in their lives. Usually, it does neither.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't saying that you did that, and I hope it didn't come across like that. I was simply commenting based off of what I read. The people who do act the way I described know who they are. That's all I have to say about that. I got some awesome news today, so I'm not really thinking about all this too much.

    ReplyDelete