Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Run, Forrest, Run!!!

My sister is so funny. I posted on FB yesterday that I couldn't join FAU's runners club because it was at a different campus on a night that I have classes. I was being completely sarcastic, since I'm not a runner, but it was lost on everyone. This lead to her commenting that she can start running again in 86 days! She said that I should start running now so that I'm in shape enough to keep up with her when she starts back up after the baby is born. I said it sounded great, and then she suggested that I run a half marathon with her the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I said I'd do it.

So my wonderfully kind sis sent me a training schedule so that I could be fully prepared for November. I looked at it and it starts off with a 6 mile run. Um... I can barely run down my street without getting winded. Yeah, at one point I was going to the gym every day and I was in amazing shape and could run a mile easy, but it's been a few months since then. Ok, it's been a little over a year. So I think I'm going to put that off for a while and work my way up to it. Start out by - hopefully - running around the block in the morning, before L wakes up. There's a 5K on Valentine's day that I think I'll do - not like I have any romantic plans for that day, but I'm not bitter. I can do it, I know I can.

Once I do this it'll be another thing I can check off of my bucket list, and heck, if I enjoy it I might shoot for the full marathon next year. Ya never know. It's about time I got my lazy ass back in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment