Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Who pissed in your cornflakes?

I’m just going to ignore the haters out there. I know that I’m a great mother and a great role model. I work my ass off so that my daughter can have a good life. I do not break down in front of her. I do not lose my temper, argue, or even insult her father (or allow others to insult him) in front of her. I give her everything that she needs and I have no problem saying no when she wants something she doesn’t need. I don’t give in to her demands simply because she demands it. I also know that I don’t have to justify my friendships to anyone. It is my life and I know what is best for me. I am not in any danger, I know exactly what it is that I want in my life, and that is what I’m working on. The people that are in my life are there for a reason and no one has any right to question that, nor do they have a right to say that an amazing person, who just happens to not be boyfriend material, is toxic simply because things didn’t work out the way I had hoped. Those in my life that were toxic to my daughter and me are no longer in our lives. If people want to talk about me, that’s fine, I really don’t care. I just need for people to leave my daughter and my parenting out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment