Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

This is quite possibly the best day of the year for me. I'm Irish, so it gives me a chance to show my Irish pride (as if I don't mention it any other day). Typically I'd go out drinking like a fish, although I haven't done that in a few years, since I had my kid actually. Tonight I'm not going out and going crazy or anything. 1- I have a test tonight, and 2 - I'm taking a very long trip early in the morning tomorrow and I do not feel like throwing up on the side of I-95 because my dumbass has a hangover. We also get corned beef & cabbage tonight! YUM!!!

On a side note... 5 years ago today I hooked up with my friend for the first time. I figured after 7 years it was about time to give in. I was definitely a challenge but he never once got upset or frustrated with me (at least he never showed it). Now, 5 years later (and 13 years into the friendship), we are closer then ever. I love it.

So tomorrow I'm heading up to Gainesville to spend time with some of my family up there. I had intended to bring L, but after all of my plans were made and whatnot my sis told me that her daughter's party is this Saturday. Crap. She said I didn't have to be there but that L did, so she said she'd watch her. I would have just cancelled my trip but one of my cousins is going through somewhat of a personal crisis and I just need to be there for him. We're like super close yet live 5 hours away. Sucks. So I get to pick up my rental at 8 tomorrow and hit the road. Stopping off in Melbourne to have lunch with my older sister and see my niece then trucking along until I hit G-ville. Fun times. :)

btw - I did my good deed for the day and donated blood. Then I got in an interesting conversation with a friend of mine that I shouldn't donate because they just sell the blood to the hospitals and the hospitals charge even more for it. Um... ok. How else do you think they pay their staff and for materials? They have to be bringing some money in. Then he's like, yeah well so&so (some high up person) just gave herself a raise and is making a crazy amount of money.... uh... I don't care. All I care about is that there's someone out there who's life could possibly be saved because they have my donated O+ blood. I can't concern myself with every corrupt/greedy SOB out there... it'd be way too much of a hassle. Serious buzzkill.

Ok, so I probably won't be on for a few days, but I'll blog again on Monday to talk about how the weekend went. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment