Monday, March 14, 2011

well crap...

I've actually been feeling pretty good the past 2 days. Didn't get much sleep last night, but still woke up in a pretty good mood. Lo was happy, we had breakfast together, there was no fight about getting her ready for school. Looking good for a Monday. Get in the car, turn it on and POP! Battery light came on, wheel locked up... car's done for now. Ok, so back up plan... use the Fairlane (yeah, we have a sweet 1963 Ford Fairlane 500... thank goodness my dad recently did work on it so it runs fairly well). So yeah, drove the back-up car to work. Lo had to sit in the front seat with her carseat since there are no seatbelts in the back and there are no airbags in the front. Luckily her daycare is literally just down the street. She loved it, but I'm hoping my mom can either switch vehicles with me or pick her up this afternoon. The Fairlane is great...just no powersteering or power brakes (or ABS for that matter). No AC but dad installed a CD player. It's quite the workout to drive it, but it got me to work.

So now the big question remains... do I fix the Focus again (spent about $5000 last year rebuilding the transmission, engine, replacing the motor mounts, new battery, new brakes, the works), or do I suck it up and hope I can get enough money from the Focus to put a downpayment on a new (at least to me) car. My credit kinda sucks and I have like no money in savings (you try saving when you're a single mom making crap for money). Ugh! So frustrating! Plus I have 2 tests this week and if I park any car on campus without a parking decal they'll put one of those annoying stickers on the window. It would have been better if this happened last week, during my spring break, so I didn't have to worry about school.

Oh well... I've borrowed money against my 401k before to fic my car last time... I wonder if I can do that again even though I still owe some money. I mean, I'm borrowing my own money so... I dunno. Let's first see if it's an easy fix or not. Still gonna try to keep my head held high and not let it get to me that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment